Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day

Good morning and Happy Mother's Day to all moms out there!

First, before I forget, go to
                             www.kimsbigquiltingadventure.blogspot.com

There is a story about some lovely pink fabric.  See the post for Saturday, May 12.  For a bit of background:
I saw a quilt that I loved.  It was green, red and white pinwheels with a pink background.  The pink fabric just made the quilt.  I really wanted some of the pink fabric.  It made the quilt.  Unfortunately, it was a really unusual  shade of pink.  I have not yet found anything like it.  I asked the shop that hung the quilt done by Tracy Sousa from Plumcute Designs to look for it at the quilt markets.  There were at one point two bolts found.  One went to someone else and our shop got the other.  No problem you might think.  One of the shop owners held the bolt hostage making us take a class to get the two yards we needed.  I admit that I was really upset and vowed that I would never take that class.  I would find another fabric.  Now I am enrolled in the class.  I decided that the $30.00 for the class will allow me to meet Tracy, who I have admired for lovely patterns, and will have me spending the day with friends (who also enrolled in the class).  I do have my coveted two yards of pink, but I will never forget this injustice.  I will think before I go there to shop.  I will look more at other shops before I buy. 

I went to Gardinerville, Nevada yesterday.  It is a magnificent quilt shop--the Quilt House.  I did find some of the Kansas Troubles Line to use with my Farmer's Market quilt.  It was so much fun and the best company, but I was so tired I went to bed when I got home at 8:30pm. 

Have a lovely day!

No comments:

Post a Comment