Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Last Chances

As some know, I have a cup that allows me to have a free cup of coffee every day from Starbucks for the month of January.  Today being the 31st, I had me last free cup today from the Safeway Starbucks.  I savored it.  I am becoming fond of the new Blonde coffee flavor.  I have a $1.00 off coupon for a pound of coffee and I am thinking of getting that one.  I really liked the African Red coffee, but haven't seen it there for a while.  Really wish Lex still worked there.  Darn her for joining the army.  My loss.

It has been six days since my last post.  I attended my guild meeting on Thursday.  I won one of the raffles which was a cute fabric bag with material and socks.  On Saturday I went to Quilter's Corner for the first Saturday Square for 2012.  We are doing these baskets this time.  A Laundry Basket pattern.  The kit comes with a little card showing the pattern.  I am doing this in chocolate and cherries color way.  That means brown and pink.  The rest of the day was spent sewing.  Hurrah.

Sunday my husband and I went to El Dorado.  I don't mean El Dorado Hills.  At Poor Red's on Hwy 49, you make a right turn if heading east and a left turn if heading west.  A few miles later we were at Mistle Toe lane.  Isn't that just the cutest name????  My husband's friend, Dale, lives in this wonderful house that has the best view I have ever seen.  To be able to see all the way down the valley to the Rancho Seco Towers.   The house itself is very small.  There are rules up there about what you can build.  There is already a 3100 square foot house which is where the children and grand children live.  What Dale and his wife have is what we would call the mother-in-law cottage.  Quite a nice setup.  I have to admit I really loved the dogs, Cash and Nicki.  Cash is a chocolate lab and Nicki is a yellow lab.  I love the dogs.

Hope you have had a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment