Sunday, January 22, 2012

The 49'ers Lost!

I am not much of a football fan, but my parents were big time 49er fans and so in honor of them, I am sad...

I am starting a quilt project out of the Pattern Party book by Thimbleberries.  It is the club for 2012.  I am starting the embroidery project.  I love the scrapiness of the quilt.  It uses dark fabrics perfect for a winter themed quilt.  I love the dark blues and reds.  I am using a different color for each embroidered block (12 in all). 

Yesterday I went over to St. Mark's and attended the first Rudy club meeting for my guild (Golden Valley).  The Rudy club is an opportunity to get together with other guild members (and anyone we bring with us) and make projects we intend to use as gifts for next Christmas.  Each month one of the guild members will host a project we can use to give as a gift.  Next month it is a pin--hosted by my friend, Cordelia.  So, the question is, did I make anything to give away???  Of course not.  I started my star quilt.  Notice the use of the word 'MY".

Friday I was at a funeral.  John Metz was obviously well loved and liked.  Large family and lots of friends.
The family is Catholic as am I.  I sat with Monica and Simona who had never been to a Catholic mass.  It was really well done, but they didn't get the full effect.  The church, Our Lady of Assumption, is being remodeled and the funeral mass was held in the parish hall.  I told Simona that she would be getting her exercise.  We stand, sit, kneel, stand, sit, etc.....  Afterward we went to the Arden Hills Country Club and Spa Resort.  I was so disappointed.  They didn't have enough food for the amount of people who came to pay their respects.  It is incredibly cold here and the coffee was in a dark corner where it was nearly impossible to decipher which was regular and which was decaf.   I stayed for an hour and then went on home. 

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment