Monday, January 16, 2012

Such a wonderful day

I had a great day with a group of friends.  I go and laugh, talk and have such a wonderful time.  I made a crock pot Beef Bourguignon for the family.  It was so delicious that I have to share the recipe with you.

Beef Bourguignon

6 strips of bacon
3 pounds rump roast, cut into 1-inch cubes
3 carrots, peeled and sliced
1 onion sliced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
3 tablespoons flour
2 cups beef broth
2 cups red wine
1 tablespoon tomato paste
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon whole thyme
1 bay leaf
1 cup pearl onions
1 pound fresh mushrooms

Saute' bacon in large skillet until crisp.  Set aside and crumble when cooled.  Add beef cubes to the skillet and brown. Remove and transfer to crock pot with bacon.  Brown carrots and sliced onions.  Season with salt and pepper.  Transfer to crock pot. Stir in flour and broth, mixing well.  Add in tomato paste, garlic, bay leaf, onions and mushrooms.  Transfer all to crock pot with thyme and pour wine over all.  Cover and cook on low for 10-12 hours or high for 5-6 hours.

Serve with white rice or noodles.

This was loved by EVERYONE in my family!  So unusual.  99% of the time, I have one child tell me that he doesn't like this or that.  He likes to tell me that he already ate; he is full.  Then I have the one who says "I am limiting my carbs.  Do you really need garlic bread with the noodles?" Yes!  I need the garlic bread.  What else is there in life??????

So, I spent the entire day at Shirley's house and had a fabulous time of course.  Later I went for my free cup of coffee from Starbucks.  I bought this great cup for $19.00 that gets me a grande coffee for free every day in the month of January.  I am loving this so much. 

Finished one more square for the farmstand quilt.  Finished the snowman embroidery and will be making the pillow part tomorrow.  Spent the day with Sandy and helped her get her top done for Thimbleberries.  Talked to my friend Tricia who spent Saturday learning how to make toffee and peanut brittle.  She is going to share with me.  What a friend!!!!!  Allowed the lovely daughter to bring home In&Out Burger for dinner.
A good day.

If you have a good crock pot recipe that you would like to share with me, here I am!  Send it along.
Have a wonderful day tomorrow.......

No comments:

Post a Comment