Monday, September 10, 2012

What was it???

I went to Joann's to pick up the darling daughter from work.  I went in, bought some fabric for a Halloween idea for the BOM and had a great thought.  I know just what I will blog about tonight.  Now, six hours later, I am at a loss as to what was so interesting at the moment.  If someone out there knows, let me in on the secret.  This happens to me a lot.  I try writing things down, but I was driving at the time and couldn't imagine that I would forget whatever that was.  I tried to retrace my steps in my head.  I dropped the daughter off at her apartment.  I went to the post office to mail a quilt book to my sister-in-law.  I stopped in at Sam's Club to buy beer for the husband and shampoo for me.  I bought the latest issue of Victoria (the magazine) and I saw Pam at the store.  None of this rings a bell of "Oh, that was it!"

I did discover that the quilt I want to take a picture of is a bit too big for me to take the picture and hold it too.  So, the joy quilt must wait a bit.  I did start and almost finish an embroidery project my friend, Kim gave out at our last gathering.  I want to send it to my friend Kim who lives in Colorado and deserves a nice present from me.  She will be 50 this year.  A milestone birthday.

Speaking of birthdays:  I got a pair of embroidery scissors and an organizing bag, the book of stitches I had been wanting, a gift card to Barnes and Noble, a jar of peach jam (yummm) and a canning jar of rolled fabrics that is just too pretty to break up just now.  There was a gift certificate for Quilter's Corner and some of the loveliest pumpkin fabrics that will be perfect for the Pumpkinville pattern.  That gift came with these teeny tiny scissors that are real!!!  It was a bit overwhelming, but what a lovely parade, and my brother-in-law sang t me.  I was feeling a bit down.  Not anymore!  On top of that, I have a wonderful Lynette Anderson pattern that was made into a kit, a sheep pillow pattern and kit, a tea towel and wool project and two wool ornaments to make.

I'm off to put some of that away.  Where oh where will I put it all?  I don't know, but it will be fun looking for a place for everything!

1 comment:

  1. A belated happy birthday!!! It sounds like you made out like a bandit!

    ReplyDelete