Tuesday, August 28, 2012

opps.  Didn't realize it was so long since my last post.  I have been busy working ont he Christmas Joy quilt, starting a Jo Morton pattern.  I don't have a picture of that one yet, but it is a kind of churn dash pattern.  While I was up in Auburn at the Mercy Retreat Center (see post in July), Natalie, one of my guild friends who was there too, had some leftover fabric.  She challenged one of us to do soemthing with it.  Well, it has been two months and I know she was expecting something sooner, like July.....I have slowly made my little squares and will be putting them togethere so I can show it at my next guild meeting in September.

I have joined the Starbucks 12 star dash.  I have to get 12 stars in 11 days and I get a Starbucks card.  My plan is to stop every day and get a tea, read for a while and then go home.  Since I go up and join Leah for coffee/tea a couple times a week, this shouldn't be so difficult.  I love my gold card.

Tomorrrow I am taking the day off to go hang out with my friend, Shirley.  We are going to commiserate over not being at Pismo Beach.  I have to go back and see if I blogged about that.  Funny story....

No comments:

Post a Comment