Sunday, February 19, 2012

Friday Night Sew-in

I had such a good time for someone who was missing her friends and the fun they were having.  I began my sewing day at 1pm (after doing a bit of organizing and choosing a project).  I decided to go with a red and blue star quilt that I began a month ago.  I went to a group sew-in the 3rd Saturday in January and had the pieces all cut out.  So I began piecing and ended up with nine of 30 squares.....today.  On Saturday, I ran over to Quilter's Corner to look for a background fabric for the online Shabby Cottages BOM.  I had called before I left because it is a bit of a drive.  I spoke to Debbie (who is just wonderful) and she thought they had something I might want by a quick description over the phone.  When I got there, Debbie was busy with other things.  I had picked out three fabrics that might work and not one of them was what Debbie had seen on the shelf.  After talking it over I actually decided to purchase a pale yellow with very light orange dots.  Sounds a bit hideous, but it really is cheerful and sunny and the dots are very pale.  I am bringing it to a friend tomorrow for review.

About the squares, I had seen this quilt hung high up in the back of the store at Quilter's Corner.  I found a great background fabric and couldn't wait to start.  Now, I know there is a heck of a lot of piecing that will be done before that quilt is finished.  I am chain piecing as much as possible.  I made a casual comment about that quilt and found out that Debbie made the shop sample.  She agreed with my assessment about the time it is taking to piece the stars.  It is just an eight pointed star!!!

Okay, I know you have heard this from me before, but I am having issues getting the pictures to come up.  Darn!  So, tomorrow is a new day.  I don't really understand this, but it helps to have the pictures for a day before I try to mess with them.

Have a great day tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment