Sunday, October 23, 2011

It Is One Thing After Another

Dinner was all about my childhood.  We had roast, white rice, asparagus and rice pudding for dessert.

I wanted to use one of those "buy one, get one free" roasts.  My mother made this chuck roast with gravy that was delicious, except that it was a full of fat with that fatty piece of meat.  I had a very lean roast.  It was yummy.

Roast with gravy
   2-3 pound roast
   1 can cream of mushroom soup
   1 package dry onion soup mix
   1 can water

Line glass dish with foil and top with roast.  Pour soup, mix and water over the roast.  Cover.  Put roast in 300* oven for 2 hours.  Serve with white rice.

Tuesday our phones did not work--our land line.  It was thought that the problem was our actual phones.  So, Saturday, we went to Costco and bought new phones.  Still nothing works.  I will be calling the phone company tomorrow afternoon.  Then last night our washing machine died.  I have to say I care more about the washing machine.  It is a bearing and I will be calling Folsom Lake Appliance.  They have been good to us in the past.  I hate the Laundromat.  Anyone have a spare washing machine???

I spent some time working on a square for a block of the month through my guild.  The meeting is Thursday and we get our blocks back then.  I fixed a block that turned out to be 10-inches unfinished instead of the 9.5-inch block I need.  I also made the block due on Saturday.  I am not happy making 8-inch blocks into 9-inch blocks, so I did another block altogether.

Off to bed soonfor another week of work.
--Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment