Thursday, October 27, 2011

Funny Story From a Friend

I work with Andrea.  She is really great.  I feel a connection to her for two reasons.  One:  her cousin Nicholas was in my preschool class that I taught at Holy Family Catholic Church ever so long ago.  Two:  Andrea was a ballet dancer.  If I had any coordination what so ever (and I really don't) it would have been my dream to be a ballet dancer.  Instead I get to love the people who are able to do it.

Today, Andrea told me a funny story.  Ten years ago she had a class set of a book, Catherine Called Birdy.  This book is wonderful.  It is about a 14 year old girl in the year 1201 and her father is trying to marry her off.  So, ten years ago Andrea is cleaning out her room and thinking she won't be teaching history, sells the entire class set to a used book store.  Now she is teaching history and she wanted to have some for the students to read.  She went back to the book store and there was her class set sitting there waiting for her!

Have a great day.
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment