Monday, April 4, 2011

If I tell you....

If I say this out loud, then it has to happen......My friend and I go once a month to Quilter's Corner in Sacramento for a block-of-the-month program called the Saturday Square. We have been doing this for a few years now. In 2007 the Saturday Square was a pattern out of a book. We made the same squares, but Elaine offered a variety of palettes to choose from. My friend choose to do two palettes--the 30's prints and 1800 reproduction fabrics. I also did an 1800's reproduction fabric quilt. The difference was that I used my scraps from a program called Jo's Little Women and my friend used the fabrics chosen by the quilt shop. In the end, we ended up making what was called "Kelly's Quilt"--me with my scraps and my friend with her shop bought kits. Her quilt is quilted and being bound. It will be ready to be shown at our next meeting for the Saturday Square. I am thinking I will ask my mother-in-law (who has a quilting business) if I can sneak my quilt in and show it with the other. So, I will call my mother-in-law tomorrow. It is 9:40pm and while my mother-in-law is up, I don't think I will take the chance that I wake my father-in-law. Although, I need to talk to him. I want to make braised short ribs and he may have some good advice! I will be sure to take pictures of both quilts.....

No comments:

Post a Comment