Sunday, July 3, 2011

The weekend is almost over!!!

Got up this morning and thought about how I only have today and tomorrow and then back to work!

Accomplishments:
*binding on table runner for friend
*binding on a quilt--again for a friend
*watermelon table runner (thank you Kim!)
*squares for "thank you " quilt for Lily, RJR Rep
*block of the month--squares for me and a friend
*block for Block Robin for Golden Valley Quilt Guild
*embroidery on vintage handkerchief for Block Robin

We are doing a Block Robin at my guild. It is a nine month program. This month the quilter had requested flowers. I used a Thimbleberries club members only pattern that I know only I will have. Since I know this person, and she had requested a bit of embroidery, I looked for something to do. While I didn't do an embroidered square, I did do a bit of embroidery. I had a vintage handkerchief and I found a sweet little poem

Roses are red
Violets are blue
If friends were flowers
I'd pick you.

I did the poem in red work with the words "blue" and "you" in blue. I was really happy with it.

Funny thing happened while I was doing the piece of embroidery. My friend is having a surgery--the gastric sleeve. Her surgeon wanted her to go to at least one support group meeting. To be a supportive friend, I volunteered to find a meeting. The meetings were difficult to find, but I did find one for July 1. The woman who runs the group, Sandy, seems a bit crazy. She ranted about her problems with the library system here when I called to get details about the meeting. Crazy Sandy told me the library was on Marconi Avenue. How could I need more information? There are TWO libraries on Marconi Avenue. My friend and I waited for 45 minutes before giving up and going home. You are probably wondering what this has to do with the vintage handkerchief. I brought my embroidery things and got a great deal of it done while we were waiting so patiently. Thank God we had stopped at Starbucks on the way there so we had sustenance.

No comments:

Post a Comment