Thursday, May 19, 2011

Moses

I don't know if this is only here, but Jesus is supposed to be coming to visit us on Saturday, May 21st. I made a Moses costume for a colleague who is having a party to welcome Jesus to our little world. Everyone must come in costume. I know someone else who is invited to the party and she will be Mary Magdalene. So, if we are still here on Monday, I will get to see pictures on Wednesday. On the other hand, I have a nasty cold and may be dead tomorrow, so for me it will be a moot point.....On Saturday I will be so virtuous--helping children make pillowcases for the sad and sorry people in Africa and then attending a baptism. How could Jesus not like that????

I have been busy with stuff (making Moses costumes)--and have been only doing embroidery. I am making a pillow. My friend, Imelda, gave me the fabric, the pattern and showed me her finished pillow. Funny thing, my pillow will look a lot like hers. So, we are at our embroidery group, Knoty-ladies, and Kim, also a friend, points out that I am copying Imelda. Isn't imitation the sincerest form of flattery??? Especially since Imelda did everything except the embroidery for me. Darn her, I have to do my own work. What is up with that??? And, may I point out that I drool over Kim's stuff (quilting, decorating, gift ideas, etc) and I will be making a watermelon wall hanging JUST LIKE KIM'S! It is seriously cute. I plan to get started on it as soon as school is out and my friend Sandy is officially retired. We will make it together.......Sandy's will also look JUST LIKE KIM'S! Did I mention that Kim gave us the pattern and the ingredients to make our own after we drooled over hers????

I'm leaving you now to go lie on my bed and finish watching "Working Girl" while I apply Vick's Vapor Rub under my nose. I go to die quietly............Okay, not really quietly since NO ONE here is the least bit sympathetic. I had to call my mother-in-law for sympathy.......Be in good health.
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment