Thursday, December 2, 2010

Tamales

Tomorrow I will spend my day making beef filling for tamales. I am going to learn how to make them Saturday with 5 other friends. I believe we are making beef, pork and chicken. Yummm.
I was given two pages of instructions and a Sunset Mexican Cookbook. I know that it came from the thrift store, so when I opened it and the pages fell out, I wasn't very surprised. I took the book and pulled the rest of the pages out and put them in page protectors and put it in a binder.
My husband thought I was insane. He was drawing pictures of cockroaches to go on my binder. Not funny! Okay, it was a little funny. Don't tell him though. His head may grow big.

I took a day off work for this. Vacation is a joyful thing. I have to get up early and drive the beloved daughter to work--at 4:30am. This means I can go back to sleep until 8:30am. Oh how i love to sleep in my bed. It has a pillow top on the mattress and a goose down mattress on top. I have an electric blanket that I seldom use because I prefer blankets and quilts piled up on me. Just lovely. I will go to the store, buy my ingredients, make my filling and hang out at the sewing machine. I might give a small gift on Saturday--very small. I am making a small gift for my embroidery group--the Red Sewciety--and I may make more than the twelve I need. I am making the gifts for embroidery in red in honor of our name.


Here is my December schedule:
December 4th: tamale making with friends
December 5th: decorating for Christmas
December 8th: Potluck with Thimbleberries
December 11th: Morning Potluck for Guild
Afternoon gift making class at the library
Evening Dinner with Noel and Lisa
December 13th: Embroidery with Shirley at Bearpaws and Hollyhocks--Potluck
December 17th: Embroidery group--Red Sewciety sleepover--Dessert
December 18th: Last Saturday Square at Quilter's Corner (8:00am)

There are a couple Christmas concerts in there that I have been invited to. Better get them on the calendar! Mass on Christmas Eve and then dinner with the in-laws. Wow. My plate is getting full.

Have a great day tomorrow. Think of me cooking tomorrow!
Julie

1 comment: