Friday, December 24, 2010

Merry Christmas

We are here stuffed from dinner with the in-laws, finishing up last minute things and making preparations for breakfast. Kim of Kim's Big Quilting Adventure was talking about what brings the magic to us each year. I was just saying to my sister that I missed filling the stockings. My children are adults and we have agreed that it wasn't necessary, but I am constantly walking through stores seeing little things I want to buy and I just miss it. Next year, I am going to fill those stockings again.

Every year there is one thing that really brings it home. Christmas Eve, after the hustle and bustle of the day, at night it is really quiet. Lights are off at businesses, and it is usually cold and foggy. It is peaceful.

This year my daughter and I stopped into Walgreens to pick up some milk. No milk--no breakfast casserole. It was doing a booming business and the parking lot was full!

There is all kinds of sadness out there, but this one night I look up in the sky knowing that Santa is in Newark, New Jersey and my family is safe and well and I am grateful for all the blessings I have.

I am wishing everyone a merry Christmas and hope the blessings in your own lives are plentiful.

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment