Sunday, September 19, 2010

blues and browns

I mentioned that I was thinking of making a blue and brown quilt to go at the end of my bed.
Linda of Little Bits and Pieces asked to see the fabrics. This one above is much more cream than the picture leads you to believe. I have 4-5 yards of it and it will be fabulous for a back.

Here are the fabrics I have set out so far (see above and below). I may not use all of them--some are white with blue and brown while the others are really cream with blue and brown.

I had a great time this past Saturday at a luncheon. My guild, Golden Valley Quilt Guild, put on a luncheon with Lynda Milligan and Nancy Smith from Possibilities in Colorado. There were lots of door prizes and I won a table runner. The food was yummy--especially the dessert, a lemon and raspberry frozen thing that was just yummy. The food was done by students at San Juan High School Culinary Program. They should be so proud of the professional way they prepared and served our meal. Hurrah for the students....
Tomorrow is Embroidery class with some of my favorite people. Tuesday is iffy as of now. Wednesday I will be meeting with my redwork group. We normally meet on the 3rd Saturday, but we were all at the luncheon....Thursday I am doing a demonstration on how to make easy pillowcases. Friday I have tea with Shirley at 2pm. Saturday I go to Quilter's Corner for the Saturday Square class and then sewing with Sandy for the rest of the day. I am praying for Sunday when I have nothing planned.


No comments:

Post a Comment