Sunday, September 4, 2011

Catching up!

I read the second book of the Hunger Games series.  I am totally hooked!

I spent Wednesday at my friend, Jayma's house.  I was supposed to be there with my embroidery, working hard so that Jayma would do her embroidery project.  Jayma has a friend, Gina, who comes here from New Zealand every year to work and she stays with Jayma.  Two years ago they found the "Over the River and Through the Woods" embroidered quilt pattern.  Gina finished her quilt.  It is quilted and currently being used as far as we know.  Jayma will be in trouble if she doesnt' get hers done by time Gina comes the first part of November.  It will be okya if Jayma is takign her last stitches to the binding as Gina drives up the house, but it must still be done.  Jayma has surpisingly little to do at this point.  It is a matter of doing it!  So there I am working hard, getting most of mine done and where is Jayma?  All over the place.  She is so entertaining.  I love going over there, but no embroidery was done by Jayma!

Thursday I was making pumpkins.  What more needs to be said.

Friday my husband and I went to dinner at Joe's Crab Shack with friends.  While we were leaving, we met up with other friends, Bob and Cindy.  We went over to the Delta King for an after-dinner drink.  I had Tuaca.  Yummm.

Saturday I went to Borders to see the destruction of closing.  It was sad.  I bought two books.  I also went to JoAnn's to take advantage of my sweet girl's double discount--30%.  I bought batting to make more pillows for the students at my school.  I had a tea at Starbucks, got a treat receipt and went up to get my mocha frappacchino for $2.00!  Our counter person was Katie.  We love her.  Go  to the Starbucks at Auburn and Sylvan in Citrus Heights.  It is a wonderful Starbucks..........

Today I spent the day sewing with Sandy.  We had lunch at the Chech place around the corner.  Yummm.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful time was had by all. Enjoy the day off - you deserve it. Hugs

    ReplyDelete