Wednesday, September 7, 2011

10th Anniversary

It is the 10th year of the Golden Valley Quilt Guild.  I am thinking someone was trying to get a quilted look on this cake, but not so much.  The cake was good--carrot cake.

On Monday and last night I spent time doing for others.  I made a small quilt for a student in my school.  She saw me doodling a quilting design in my notebook and she drew a picture of quilt for me.  I brought the picture home and using leftover fabric from a previous quilt, I made this little thing.  I also made a quilt for hanging in our library.  A friend gave me this pattern with cheater fabric.  Instead of describing it, I think I am going to take a picture of it tomorrow.

Tonight I went over and bought a melting pot and two scents from Shastine.  It is a home party business and I figured I could afford to be supportive.  Sometimes these things are so costly, but this was quite reasonable.  If only I find a place to put it.  Really, it was my sweet girl who volunteered me to go to this, but still there was a bonus!  Shastine's mom makes the most wonderful applique quilts.  I got the pattern,
Rabbits Prefer Chocolate and  now am on a search for the fabrics I want to use.  I know I won't get the exact fabrics, but Imelda had scraps leftover for me so I can compare and buy fabrics that are close to the original.  Always on the hunt for fabric!

No comments:

Post a Comment