Wednesday, June 15, 2011

The Refrigerator

Sad news. Our freezer died on Friday. To be more truthful, it probably died before that. Do not try to bake Pepperidge Farms apple turnovers that have defrosted. It was pretty ugly and the daughter ended up throwing the pan away because it was just too much. I guess we can afford a new pan.

I was supposed to call about getting the freezer fixed on Monday. I am thinking it is under some kind of warranty since it is only a year and 2 months old. I called home Monday afternoon on my way home from work to ask if I should get some ice and we could just put it in an ice chest and have cold drinks. My son answers and says, "Mom, I think you should hold off on that and ask Dad when you get home. He bought a refrigerator." Pretty amazing since he had no money in his pocket and he isn't a "charge big things" kind of guy. Turns out he bought this monster refrigerator from the Salvation Army. It is a side by side refrigerator/freezer. Very clean inside too, but I of course scrubbed it again.

So far my husband has had to cut down the cabinets in the kitchen because this refrigerator is about an inch and a half too tall. There was the painting--he paints everything-- of the inside because I found out he doesn't care for contact paper. He tore the old stuff off and threw it to the floor and walked away.....Hint! Then we have no place to put the trash compactor. I really liked having it. Last night, after two days of this, I finally said stop. Every time I turned around something new was going on. I cannot sit at my diningroom table (where all my sewing happens), I am spending hours putting things back, having to suddenly decide what should go back and what should be kept--all when I am exhausted from the heat and being at work.

Okay, this is a bit whiny, but I am a person who needs to process. I feel like I can't breathe for all the commotion. If it had been planned, it would all be different. The worst part is that all the decisions are being made by not me! And, my husband is a spur of the moment kind of guy and I am not. 99% of the time this isn't a big deal, but I like to be consulted, not barraged with stuff.

I am writing this at work and am wondering what is waiting for me at home today. Thank God it is Wednesday and I will be drinking wine and having snacks with my next-door neighbor tonight. At this point, a little breather is a good thing!

1 comment: