Sunday, June 5, 2011

Rainy Days

I just couldn't make myself go out in the rain. According to my daughter, I am made of sugar and will melt in the rain. We had to have homemade pizza for dinner since I refused to go to the store.

I found these blocks that I began years ago. You cut out pieces for flowers and sew a large piece on, then a smaller piece and then a small piece on the top. You sew them raw edge so when you wash them they fray and resemble flowers. I have gotten bored by the idea and the pieces have sat around....until Saturday. I had 31 of the squares. I made three small quilt tops for our community service group with my guild. I have four ready to be quilted and three ready to turn in to our esteemed leader. So, I was busy working for others.

I am on edge over a meeting I am part of tomorrow. It was good to think of others instead of myself.

Have a lovely week.......

1 comment:

  1. You are a kind and loving person - always thinking of others. That is just one of the many things I admire about you. Your rainy day quilts are an example of that - I bet they are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete