Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day

My husband always tells me that he isn't going to do anything special or lift a finger on Mother's Day as I am not his mother. I suppose I could go down that road on Father's Day, but I usually get him an appropriate gift--tools that he needs. This year he told me to do nothing. I was going to do just that, except the daughter convinced me to do a special dinner--rib eye steaks, mushrooms, camp potatoes (on the grill in foil makes them "camp" potatoes) and corn on the cob. If I get around to making a dressing, we will have salad, but that isn't exactly special since we have salad every night here. I love salad loaded up with nuts and vegetables (peppers, broccoli, peas, onions, whatever is in the fridge). I just have a thing about homemade dressing.
So we will be eating well tonight.

I bought corn grilling baskets for my father-in-law. He likes to grill and he loves corn, so it seemed like a great idea. We shall see. He is impossible to shop for. He wants nothing, has everything and enough money to buy it.

I'm off to pick up the daughter. Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment