Thursday, February 10, 2011

Thimbleberries

I went to Thimbleberries last night. Lily, our RJR rep came by and showed off the new lines coming out. I am really excited about one of the Christmas lines. It has a wonderful cream that has lots of texture and good contrasting cream on cream. I am tempted to make a Christmas quilt this year!

On the other hand, I am sad for two reasons. One is because I haven't gotten the information for my secret sister yet. I am anxious to start on the projects I want to do for that, but I need to know her color preferences. I am trying to be patient. Not always happening for me.......The other reason is much more important. A friend of mine, who never misses Thimbleberries without a really good reason, was feeling so bad she had to go to the emergency room. She was still there when I called on my way home. So, keep good thoughts for her to feel good again. I really missed seeing her.

Speaking of Thimbleberries....we have two really wonderful women who run our group. Nicole and Pam are always encouraging and they have a way of making everyone feel like they are a part of the group. I also love the quilts they bring in to show. I hope I remember to say that to each of them the next time I see them.

Enough of that. I want to get some quilting things done tonight, but we are going out to the Golden Corral for dinner with my in-laws and the visiting cousins tonight and that could push me in bed early. Don't know why, but it happens. Debbie, Montana cousin, has finished a quilt while she has been here. She was doing a block of the month in Billings and she brought it all with her and then finished it --quilting and binding! It is a combination of blues and purples. I really like it. She says she is going to put it under glass to save forever!

1 comment: