Sunday, February 27, 2011

It has been a while



This is my first block for my Dear Jane quilt. I have been not feeling so great and have not done very much in the last two weeks. Okay, I have don't nothing until yesterday. I made 7 pillowcases for the USS Greenbay which put out to sea last week. A guild member, Jody, has a son who is serving on the USS Greenbay and she is going to get the pillowcases to them. Then I made a spinning star block for a block of the month project I am involved in for my guild. I am pretty certain that Karen doesn't read my blog--probably doesn't even know I have a blog, so safe to talk about the block. Karen wants all of her blocks starched. I had no trouble putting the block together and decided to use the same technique on my Dear Jane quilt. I made one block -and it turned out to be 5.5-inches. Too big. The blocks are supposed to be 4.5-inches. So I made a second block. It is slightly larger than 4.5-inches. That is enough. I am going to make the blocks the best I can and then I may have to use a sashing and veer away from replicating the Dear Jane quilt. I hate the border anyway and was not planning on doing that border. Hmmmm.
My sewing/quilting time ended when I got up from my chair and it was claimed by Max. I don't hold out a lot of hope that it will be a quick nap.........


SO, until next time........

1 comment: