Thursday, October 11, 2012

Thimbleberries

Last night was my monthly Thimbleberries meeting.   In January, Pam told us we were going to do a kind of a mystery.  We were to make a total of 120 flying geese in only Thimbleberries fabrics.  We would turn them in monthly--15 glying geese at a time.  Then in October, we would get something to make--a pattern, there was mention of fabric.  I made my geese and finished my 120 in August.  Last night was the final reveal.  Pam had a pattern for flying geese in vertical lines with sashing and a border.  She actaully made a quilt using the Flying Dutchman pattern.  Hers were in pinks and browns.  The real surprise was the 2 3/4 yards of fabric we were given.  For Free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now that I have seen Pam's I wish I had stuck with two colors, except that  I don't have that many Thimbleberries stashed a my house.  So, mine will be very scrappy.  I choose a blue for the sashing and a dark maroon/wine color for the border.

I'm going home now to look at my flying geese.

No comments:

Post a Comment