Monday, October 15, 2012

Macy's Window Display

On Saturday, I met up with my circle of stitching friends at Kim's house.  Her house is just too cute.  It is always decorated with the season.  Now it is fall and Halloween.  I was sitting on the couch in the livingroom admiring the decor and talking to Kim's husband about these pieces of granite my husband has and how they could make a cute walking path up the side of the driveway.  When I said how much I loved the life sized witch and how the skeletons outside were me and my husband (one is holding a beer and one is holding a Smirnof Ice--me!), Kim's hisband said he was living in Macy's window display.
What a unique way to put it.  There is stuff everywhere, but it creates a whole look.  Macy's should hire Kim!  Go to her blog Kimsbigquiltingadventure.blogspot.com and look for the post on Friday, October 12, 2012.  It is labeled Spooky.

On Friday I was doing a bit of embriodery and cutting out pieces of the quilt I am working on--Mindy's Quilt by Melinda Bula.  On Saturday, I met up with my stitching friends and we made gingerbread men for a diplay.  We had a wonderful time.  I really look forward to these days.  Fun, food, laughter.  It has it all for me!  We had these pomegranite margaritas.  Had I been at home and able to nap, I wold have had more.  And I would ahve blended them.  It comes in a bottle already made.  All you have to do is pour....Yumm.

I made a fabulous dessert.  A layered chocolate thing with cream cheese and whipped cream.  Each of us had a small piece because it is very rich, except for Sandy who doesn't care for dessert.  I had at least 2/3rds of the 13x9--inch baking dish left. It was gone last night.  My husband and sin just love it and their friends had a few pieces.  I was totally craving it and it is so rich that you need more than just the three of us eating it!

No comments:

Post a Comment