Thursday, October 4, 2012

Opps, I fell asleep

The board meeting for my guild was held tonight.  I wanted to go and discuss problems I am having with the block-of-the-month.  I called Donna and said I was attending.  I told my son the meeting was at 6pm--the reason I brought home sandwiches for dinner.  I was reading in the living room and all seemed fine.  I must have fallen asleep because I dropped the book and woke up.  It was so quiet, then I heard my son behind me.   

     "Oh, Mom.  You are still here.  I thought you would be gone by now." 
     "Why?  I don't have to be anywhere until 6pm."
     "Mom, it is 5:55 right now."

No!  I was out the door so fast.  Thank God I was only a few minutes away and I had been to Donna's before because I was seriously late.  All the lights were with me and I avoided all the construction.  I just missed a few minutes and later confessed.

Good news:  we had a quilt luncheon 2 weeks ago and the guild made $2700.00 after all the expenses were figured out.  Hurrah!

Good news:  we finished early enough that I was able to have coffee with Leah to discuss her husband and mine.  Yesterday I found out that men can be pigs--even if you are famous and smart.  Albert Einstein leaves his first wife and then marries (his cousin) three months later.  Really, even in the early 1900's there had to be some standard of mourning.  It only took him three months to find another.  Idiot.

Bad news:  I haven't found my quilt blocks yet that I want to work on.  They are here somewhere.

Bad news:  my light is out in the dining room.  My husband tells me that the Ott light just isn't doing it for him, so tomorrow I will go buy some light bulbs.  

Last but never least:  read Kim's blog, kimsbigquiltingadventure.  She sprayed her daughter's pepper spray and I can feel it all the way over here (a 10 minute car ride away).

No comments:

Post a Comment