Thursday, November 4, 2010

Project of the week

I have this goal to finish a project each week. I confess that I started on one of the unfinished gems and then got stuck. I am finishing the heart quilt that I began as a class with Kim of Kim's Big Quilting Adventure. I think it was her very first class. Her original was a small throw. I got excited about a quilt I had on my bed that was similar and I made it into a much bigger quilt. SO I have the blocks sewn into blocks of four and have only to make a decision about the sashing. I am thinking I will bring it to my Thimbleberries group this upcoming Wednesday evening at Quilter's Corner and get some opinions, including Kim's. I had planned on using a black with bright pattern for the sashing. The blocks are hearts in various pinks and a background of cream with small pink dots. It is really PINK. I have to go to bed early tonight, so I will get it out tomorrow evening as I watch Medium and that new show, Bluebloods. I plan on taking pictures and putting it on here tomorrow, so if you want to put your two cents worth in, come back late Friday evening or on Saturday to comment.

I did finish a part of a mystery wall hanging that was supposed to be done by October 28th. I would have gotten November's part done also, but I ran out of fabric. This piece is really busy. Oh well, I have until Saturday evening to finish and make my goal.

Have a lovely day tomorrow. It is Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment