Monday, June 25, 2012

Breakfast for the King


A rare day--I am home and my husband is home.  So what do I do???  I make the King of the house breakfast!  I remembered I had this package of blueberry scones.  Now I can make up a great breakfast in a short amount of time and still make it special.  I received the mix as a gift from a friend.  It is made by the Sticky Fingers Bakery.  The directions call for 3/4 cup of water, but I usually put milk in place of the water.  I also had a handful of blueberries in the refrigerator, so I threw them in.  I sprinkled the tops with raw sugar crystals.  Yummmm.
I was a bit disappointed when the tops didn't brown as much, but the taste is wonderful.  I surely will buy another mix when I find our where Irene bought them.  The best news is that my lovely husband loved his breakfast.

My darling daughter is thinking of moving out.  She has found a roommate, now to just find just the right place.  When that happens, I will cook all the meals and the occasional breakfast made by my own little hands will be commonplace again.

Today is Monday.  My guild meeting is on Thursday.  As of this morning, I had no idea what I was going to do for the block of the month.  I have three plans already to go, but we don't have the attendance in June and July that we have the other months and I wanted to wait with what I have been putting together.  As I was eating my breakfast, munching on my scones, I looked up and saw a wall hanging I still have up and should have taken down.  It will be perfect!  So, I will be working on that until I go to pick up the darling daughter from work. 

Yesterday afternoon I went to dinner at Tres Hermanas in downtown Sacramento with my darling daughter, Anna and Adrianna.  It is on 22nd and K Street.  It was delicious Mexican food.   We ordered a pitcher of margatitas.  Yummmm.  The occasion was to celebrate the darling daughter turning 25 years old yesterday.  She went to see the movie, Mirror-Mirror.  Afterward, we walked down to the next block to Rick's Dessert Diner.  That was the most scrumptious place.  Chocolate Fudge cake, Lemon pies, fruit basket cakes with raspberries, blue berries.  One woman came to buy for a whooping $41.00--a whole cake.  Check them out at www.ricksdessertdiner.com or go buy and have a giant piece of cake--Rick's is at 2322 K Street in Sacramento.  They are getting rich off of cake!!!!

Have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment