Sunday, December 23, 2012

It is a jungle out there

Just so you can all benefit from my experience--IT IS A REALLY BAD IDEA TO DO ALL YOUR CHRISTMAS SHOPPING ON DECEMBER 22 AND DECEMBER 23RD.

It has been raining cats and dogs--really--here since I waited until the last minute to do that all important Christmas shopping.  I must say, Target is fun at Christmas.  People honk if you get in their way.  I had to push at least three people out of my way to get the last Barbie tin.....just kidding.  Really the target workers are just too kind.  I handed the card upon which my son (who doesn't trust me to get this right) had written EVERYTHING you could need to know about which game he wanted and the very nice girl went and got it for me.  I am confident that I got the right game because the girl who brought it to me told me how much she enjoys playing it too.  She looked to be my son's age.  I should have gotten her phone number...... I found the shelves at See's Candy to be bare.  Really!  Not kidding!  No nuts and chews, no soft centers, no truffles.  Only big four pound boxes of candy and lollipops.  I had to brave Costco on Saturday afternoon with all the other crazy people to buy gift certificates and then go to the mall store.  There was no parking at Walmart.  Did I mention that I was shopping with my friend Leah who was in my boat?  Someone she buys for wanted a gift card to Walmart.  We did go Massage Envy to get a gift card for Lex, Leah's daughter, and her new husband, Chris.

The tree is up.  I have almost everything purchased (have to go to Denny's tomorrow for the gift card for my in-laws).   Sugar cookies are made.  I watched The Miracle on 34th Street.  I'm ready.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!

No comments:

Post a Comment