Saturday, December 29, 2012

Christmas Gifts

I got a great Christmas gift from my husband.  He picked it out.  I really like it.  He thinks I hate it.  What he bought for me is a Keurig coffee station.  It is really fantastic.  You can make one cup of coffee in seconds.  The most fun is trying all the different kinds of coffee you can buy.  It came with six boxes of different coffees.  There was the doughnut shop coffee.  I didn't really care for that one.  The french roast was yummy.  It makes a lovely cup of tea which is wonderful because I don't like to microwave water for tea.
So, why does he think I hate this joyful present?  I haven't gotten rid of the old coffee maker.  I haven't figured out how to make coffee with my own grounds and I have a pound of Starbucks Christmas Blend that I just love.  Another issue is that I am home and it is annoying to have to make my coffee one cup at a time.  And I haven't yet figured out what to do about the day I go back to work and need enough coffee to fill my small thermos.

My in-laws gave me money.  I took that money and bought the pattern A Gardener's Alphabet by Crabapple Hill Studio.  All the quilt stores here seem to be doing it as a block-of-the-month (one store for $22.00 a month), but I don't want to go that route and prefer to do it on my own.  No pressure, no commitment that I can't meet.  That would be a $264.00 quilt.  I paid the $80.00 for the pattern and will do my own thing.  I am thinking of a cream on cream or a cream on white pattern for the background fabric.  Wish me luck in my fabric search!

1 comment:

  1. julia, I believe my daughter who works at Lowes was telling me they have a resuable filter that you can do your own grounds.

    ReplyDelete