Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Hello. It has been a while. Probably only writing for me now. I have been spending my time cleaning out my daughter's room so I could get in there. Doesn't that sound so bad! I got it cleaned out completely on December 31, 2013. My sister was coming on New Year's Day and I had a deadline. When I was done I was truly embarrassed. I have two stacks of art boxes (13.5x13") floor to ceiling of UFO's. Most I admit are things I started on a whim or maybe they are wool projects--but whatever, there are at least two projects that I have all the patterns and fabric (wools) and haven't touched at all! As I write that I think there are more.....So, 2014 is the year of Unfinished Projects. I am going to finish all those block-of-the-month projects. I haven't yet begun any of that! I have loved hiding in the room away from my husband and his loud (but mostly nice) friends. I have read a few books. Right now I am reading Divergent by Veronica Roth. I have cleaned a lot and have really tried to keep it up. That alone takes away from quilting time. That cleaning thing might not last very long! News: My son did well on his grades from CSUSacramento. It was his first semester so he is proud. My friend's daughter is coming down from Seattle. Her husband is going to Afghanistan in March. This might be the only time to see them--or at least him.....until he comes back from the middle east. Sew, sew, sew! Quilt, quilt, quilt! Until next time, Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment