Monday, August 26, 2013

Over the weekend

This weekend I devoted my time to getting stuff done! I amde my block for the Saturday Square class at Quilter's Corner on the 31st. I made the block of the month for my guild project and caught up the blocks I had fallen behind on. Then, I opened a box that I knew had fabric in it. What was really in there I wondered. I found a quilt I started 10 years ago--maybe longer. I had received a quilt calendar--one of those that has a quilt pattern for every day of the month--all year long. I can't even imagine what I was thinking, but I began making the quilt blocks for each day in January. Then I stopped and there it has sat since I put it away. Some of it was put together. I obviously began making four patches. There was no picture, no calendar (I'm sure I threw it away years ago), no idea of what I was thinking ten years ago. So, I just began putting squares together. I have a 64x68" quilt top. I used pinks, grays, blues, turquoise, whites, purples and lavenders. It is interesting to say the least. What I am most impresed with is that the entire thing fit in a shoe box! I can't even think that I have made one thing that didn't require at least a 12x12 box and possibly a second one also. I think I have decided to give my guild quilt to my nephew in Iowa. He has only one quilt--a baby quilt that he probably doesn't own any longer knowing my brother and his penchant for getting rid of things. This could be a way of getting to know him better. This quilt has fabric with fish and lots of color. I have 12 squares with orange friendship stars. Still thinking.....

1 comment: