Friday, May 24, 2013

Did you feel the earth move???

I have been avidly watching the stories about the destruction in Moore, Oklahoma.  I can't even imagine the horror of living where there are tornados.  Scary suckers!  After all, we only have earthquakes.  No big deal.  So last night there was a 5.9 earthquake in Greenville--off of highway 89 towards Susanville (north up toward Oregon).  The couch moved as I was pouring through magazines.  The chair opposite me was occupied by Valerie.  She was staring at the chair as if it had sprouted wings.  She thought the dog (sweet Katie) had bumped into her from behind.  Nope!

We spent so much time last night talking during my Thursday Night group that I got nothing done.  But I entertained everyone with this little tidbit:  We are having to teach family life.  I heard before class that we would be talking about the fallopian tubes.  Just the most exciting.  So, the math teacher has one science class that I help out in and he started talking about how he was going to teach this through interpretive dance!  Then he showed us.  I wish I had a video.  It was so darn funny!

I am going home to take a nap so I can babysit for Jelly tonight.  Jelly is three years old and is the daughter of my darling daughter's roommate.  

So have a great evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment