Tuesday, April 9, 2013

What I have been up to.....

I know it has been a long while....

Updates:  I finished all my sleep study appointments and on Friday will be set up with my own equipment.  I have had opportunities to lower our cover with Kaiser, but my husband is a bit accident prone and I have always kept our health insurance the same.  Turns out that the $800.00 worth of equipment is costing me nothing in co-pays.  Quite worth the sacrifice. 

I have been trying to get back on track quilting wise.  I have joined an online "group" making scrap quilts.  All I have to do is sew on Sundays, which I already do, and dedicate my time to using my scraps.  I have a lot of scraps.  Still time to join in.  Just make those scrap quilts and post pictures with Kim's Big Quilting Adventure.  Kim is making a quilt with her scraps.  I am committing to community service quilts with my scraps until I whittle down the stash of scraps just a bit.  I am still working on my 30's quilt "Remember Whoo Loves You" from the Acorn Quilt and Gift Company.  I am hoping to use a friend's light box for the embroidery part on Saturday.  Tomorrow is Thimbleberries at Quilter's Corner.  I will stop at my friend's house for dinner and then off to the quilt shop.  For my guild we are doing a block of the month program where we get the same fabric each month and we make two blocks--one to give back for the raffle and one to keep.  I bought a light blue batik for the background months ago, but now that I have the fabric, I am thinking I need something darker--more like a medium blue.  Shopping for me tomorrow!!!  The idea is that we will all have 12 sampler blocks to make our own quilt at the end.

Sew, sew, sew....
Julie



No comments:

Post a Comment